Whole Wheat Johnny Bread
1½ cup flour
½ cup whole wheat flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
¼ cup sugar
½ cup butter
¼ to ½ cup of milk
- Combine all dry ingredients together.
- Make a well.
- Cut butter into dry ingredients.
- Blend in egg and gradually add milk.
- Lightly knead on a bread board.
- Roll out to about ¼ to ½ inch thick.
- Butter frying pan.
- Place dough into frying pan.
- Brown and cook accordingly on both sides. (Optional: it can be placed in the oven as well)
Whole Wheat Johnny Bread was made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman