Sharing this McCall’s Best White Cake Recipes which is done in cupcakes with coconut and jelly topping as a back to school snack cake for either recess, lunch or after school.
Happy Back to School Season!
MCCALL’S BEST WHITE CUPCAKES COCONUT-JELLY CUPCAKES
McCall’s Best White Cupcakes – Coconut-Jelly Cupcakes
¼ cup egg whites (about 2)
1¼ cup sifted cake flour
¾ cup sugar
1½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
⅓ cup shortening
1 teaspoon vanilla extract, or ½ teaspoon almond extract
½ cup milk
- In small bowl, let egg whites warm to room temperature – about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease and flour bottoms of 12 (2 ½ inch) cupcake cups; or place paper liners in cupcake cups.
- Into large bowl of electric mixer, sift flour with sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add shortening, vanilla, and milk.
- At low speed, beat 30 seconds, scraping side of bowl with rubber scraper.
- At medium speed, beat 2 minutes. Add unbeaten egg whites; continue beating 1 minute longer.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared cupcake cups, filling half full.
- Bake about 20 minutes, or until surface springs back when gently pressed with fingertip.
- Remove to wire rack, cool completely. Frost as desired.
McCall’s Best White Cupcakes Coconut Jelly Cupcakes were made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Recipe was taken from McCall CookBook, the chapter on “Cupcakes and Other Finger Cakes”, page 140 an edition of between 1950 – 1960s.
Remove paper liners. Spread tops and sides of cupcakes with tart red jelly. Sprinkle with flaked coconut.
Recipe was taken from McCall CookBook, the chapter on “Cake Frostings And Fillings” “Glazes”, page 131 an edition of between 1950 – 1960s
Recipe also located at http://recipemarketing.blogspot.com/2014/04/mccalls-best-white-cupcakes-coconut.html
Top results from Amazon
|Baker’s Angel Flake Coconut Sweetened, 14 Ounce (Pack of 10)
|Bakers Angel Flake Sweetened Coconut 14 oz (Pack of 2)
|Bakers Angel Flake Sweetened Coconut 14 Oz (Pack of 3 Multipack)
|Baker’s Angel Flake Sweetened Coconut