Raisin Bran Cookies
¾ cup shortening
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2¼ cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
1½ cup raisin bran cereal
½ cup raisins
1¼ cup chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly coat baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- Beat shortening, sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into a bowl. Beat in shortening mixture and blend.
- Stir in raisin bran cereal, nuts and raisins. (note the same raisins in the cereal box were used)
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown. Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes.
- Place on cooling rack to cool completely.
Raisin Bran Cookies were made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Recipe derived from on a package of Crisco from a recipe called “Cranberry Walnut Oatmeal Cookies”.
Please note the following were substituted accordingly in this recipe.
- Oats with Raisin Bran Cereal
- Cranberries with Raisins
- Walnuts with Unsalted Dry Roasted Peanuts
|Kellogg’s Raisin Bran, 23.5 Oz
|Kellogg’s Raisin Bran, 18.7 Ounce (Pack of 3)
|Raisin Bran Crunch Cereal, 24.8 Oz
|Kellogg’s Raisin Bran Cereal, 76.5-Ounce Box
|Kellogg’s Cereal, Raisin Bran Omega-3 with Flaxseed, 14.3 Ounce (Pack of 14)